They can provide more or less protection against cold and wind, but they are generally not suitable for temperatures below 10°C unless you tend to get hot or you like intense workouts. The variety of models is huge and ranges from ultralight aerodynamic time trial mitts that are simply a thin layer of fabric with no padding, to gloves with gel inserts, nose wipe and knuckle protection. Key features:
- Synthetic fabrics.
- Tight, semi-tight or loose fit.
Depending on the model, they may or may not feature:
- Velcro fasteners on the wrists.
- Nose and sweat wipes.
- Reflective detailing.
- Gel inserts on the palm area.
- Elements improving the handlebar grip.
- Straps or pieces of fabric that help to put them on and take them off.